COVID-19 RESPONSE MEASURES
We have taken steps and implemented preventative measures to ensure a safe working environment for our employees and contractors and prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are making sure that all appropriate measures are communicated to our people, and the necessary changes are implemented.
The following steps and processes have been implemented:
- Pre-site screening questionnaire completed by all personnel and contractors prior to first arrival on site. Any identified as higher risk based on several factors will not be brought to site. On site personnel will continue to monitor employees for possible symptoms.
- Pre-emptive measures are in place, such as conducting thermometric testing before accessing the site, reinforcement of hand hygiene, social-distancing, work area sanitization, the use of face masks or respirators, and limiting all non-essential travel, especially within the communities surrounding the site.
- We are limiting access to the site to essential people and service providers only to reduce unnecessary exposure.
- Areas and procedures have been modified where necessary to create distance. Where these cannot be effectively modified, the access has been restricted or the activity has been either discontinued or a schedule implemented.
- We are following recommendations of Federal and Provincial health authorities and have taken several precautionary steps to educate our employees about the symptoms and transmission of the virus with clear instructions on what to do if they feel unwell.
- We are communicating with the local township as well as First Nations communities regarding our current plans and procedures to mitigate the risk in this ever-changing situation.
- We have increased supplies on site to maintain a significantly increased level of sanitization and to ensure our employees have access to required hygiene supplies and protective equipment.